Thursday 5 May 2011

Are dissertations meant to be this fun?

It's 2am. I'm in the library. I've been here since 4 this afternoon. I'm having so much fun!


I changed my film essay from a worthy but entirely depressing analysis of the representation of paedophiles in contemporary Hollywood cinema to one about vampires as signifiers of queer sexuality, and now i get to sit here for hours on end reading essays about Buffy, my favourite television show of all time.


I completely realize that it's dissertations like this that give film studies a bad name, but when i can spend 10 hours reading critical essays which make me laugh out loud, cry a little bit and make me excited to write 8000 words in the next 2 weeks, I really don't see how that's a problem.


Oh i do love being a geek.

No comments: